This Autumn/Winter 2016, it was all about curls, cool cuts and ultra intricate, pretty hair accessories. The season as a whole was all about embracing your beauty and what works for you. Individualism was a big part of hair and beauty for 2016.
Models were no longer matching in uniform cuts and colors, this season many designers showed off the natural beauty and individual traits of each model on the runway. Take for example, the celebration of natural, bouncy curls. Or that of fringes, which were light, broken and slightly cut into.
Also trending was some incredibly stunning hair jewellery or hair accessories. From large pieces at Rodarte to delicate clips at Erdem, Autumn/Winter 2016 was all about prettifying your already gorgeous locks.
- HAIR JEWELLERY This season was all about prettifying locks to the absolute max. Rodarte’s stunning berry lips and magical hair accessories made for one of the most memorable hair and beauty looks for 2016.
- The embellished, decorated hairbands at Erdem were absolutely gorgeous.
- At Dolce and Gabbana, models’ hairbands were adorned with incredible jewels.
- There’s no need to go overboard with this trend, however. If you prefer smaller pieces, a bejewelled clip such as those at Erdem would work perfectly.
- Circular shapes were big and are favourites of hairstylists such as Jen Atkin.
- Accessories at DKNY were ultra pretty, delicate and chic.
- SLICK HAIR Hair got all wet-look this season, with many designers giving their models’ locks extra texture and hold with a slick style.
- Styles ranged from half-up, half-down ‘dos to standout updos.
- If you’re not ready to commit to full-on wet look locks, this style is a great option.
- CURLS 2016 is officially the season of the curl, and more specifically, it’s about embracing your natural curls.
- The runway at Diane Von Furstenberg featured disco waves.
- And at Louis Vuitton they were glossy and tied up into updos.
- Retro/Finger waves This season waves got all vintage. The subtle shapes appeared backstage at several shows, offering an alternative way to wear curls.
- A great way to combine two of this season’s biggest hair trends? Slick back your finger waves!
- At Stella McCartney, the waves were soft and gentle.
- PLAITS AND KNOTS The coolest way to wear your plait this Autumn/Winter? In an undone twisted style. Just follow Rebecca Minkoff’s lead.
- Plaits were wrapped up into tight buns at Taoray Wang.
- While they were pushed to one side at Herve Leger.
- One of our favourite plaited looks of the season came from Rachel Zoe, which was exceptionally feminine and pretty.
- The twisted ‘do appeared again backstage at Prabal Gurung.
- BROKEN FRINGES Soft, light and never harsh: broken fringes offer a totally wearable, commitment-free way to wear bangs.
- These fringes can be as light or heavy as you’d like, making them ultra versatile and easy to style.
- While at Pucci, they were long and sweeping.