As Legally Blonde turns 15 years old this week, it’s nice to be reminded that orange is not the new pink. Granted, the 2001 movie was silly at times, and the sequel was pretty dire, but there’s no doubt about it, Elle Woods taught us a lot about life.
1. Don’t be afraid to go to a party in fancy dress
2. Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy and happy people just don’t shoot their husbands
3. Don’t let anyone tell you you’re not smart enough
4. Fluffy pens are cool
5. Bend and snap has a 98% success rate and, when used appropriately, has an 83% rate of return on a dinner invitation
6. Orange is not the new pink
7. Diminished capacity is to negate men rea
8. Friends come and go – but your dog will love you no matter what
9. Glasses DO make you look more intelligent
10. A pink scented résumé adds a little something extra, don’t you think?
11. Never trust anyone with a perm
12. Don’t ever let a stupid prick ruin your life
13. If a man notices that your shoes are last season Prada, he’s probably gay
14. You must always have faith in yourself